The DSDO involves partners from various sectors who help mobilize and empower stakeholders in social development to complement and leverage local and regional action. Their work improves living conditions, reduces social inequalities and develops the full potential of individuals and communities in the Outaouais.
With a focus on sustainability and structuring action, the DSDO’s specific mandate is to use the combined expertise and resources of its partners to:
- Promote networking, dialogue and information sharing among the various stakeholders;
- Develop a shared understanding of regional social development issues to ensure greater cohesion and unity of initiatives;
- Strengthen the capacity and skills of local and regional stakeholders by building on the sharing of resources, expertise and best practices;
- Initiate and support concerted action in social development;
- Influence decision-makers on social development strategies, policies and programs.